Building Condition Assessment – York Region Administration, Newmarket, ON
Philip Brearton, Project Executive
Kevin Shaw, QA Review
Chun Lim, Project Manager and Senior Assessor
Kelly Worden, Senior Assessor
Stephen Marson, Senior Assessor
Marcela Sarmiento, Senior Assessor
Solucore, Elevator Consultant
Paul Turco, Asset Management Specialist
Cion Corp. was selected in a competitive public tender to conduct building condition assessments for 68 facilities for the York Region Administration. These consisted of administrative offices, paramedic response stations, long-term care facilities, roads operations and maintenance facilities, solid waste management facilities, as well as mixed-use facilities. The facilities range in age from heritage to newly constructed. The four-year project is phased according to the needs of York Region.
The assessments include:
- Reserve fund analysis to determine the future capital cost requirements for each facility.
- Assessment of opportunities for energy and environmental performance improvement and opportunities to upgrade equipment as part of the life-cycle replacement process.
- Current Replacement Value (CRV) and Facility Condition Index (FCI) calculations for each facility.
- Asset tagging of mechanical and electrical equipment assets including ceiling hung units requiring elevated platform access.
- Proof of Working at Heights MOL approved training certificates.
- Barrier Free Assessment for each facility.
- Elevator assessment by an elevator specialist.
- Attend meetings and present findings to City Staff.
- Reports issued in MS Word with MS Excel cost tables both in native format and as pdf documents.